Tour in Braga City
A Timeless Treasure
- This tour is meant to appeal to all 5 of the senses.
- This rich historical and architectural heritage is always combined with the flavors and aromas of centuries-old traditions.
- Get a first-hand on site experience of the knowledge and skills of true craftsmen.
- The guide is dedicated to providing you with a full day of truly unique experiences.
- 8:00 a.m. (district of Porto)
- 8:30 a.m. (district of Braga)
- Peso da Régua (time to be defined and price on request)
Duration: approx. 10 hours (flexible and uniquely personalized tours).
Type of route: pedestrian (easy) and car.
Hours: Monday to Sunday.
Closed on December 25th and January 1st.
Itinerary and Points of Interest:
- Travel on the Funicular and visit the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary, analyzed in its geographical, historical, religious and artistic frameworks;
- A mid-morning coffee will be offered, accompanied by conventual sweets, in an emblematic space in the city of Braga;
- Walk in the historic center of the city of Braga, where we will see its two-thousand-year evolution, with particular attention to its religious, military and civil architecture, but also to its histories and traditions;
- Since the tours are flexible and adapted to the participants’ objectives, a visit to the Roman Baths of Alto da Cividade may be suggested;
- Lunch in a restaurant with traditional Minho food (participants can choose any other type of diet);
- Visit to the workshops of artisans responsible for the continuity of the main traditions of Minho (including tasting of jams with organic certification, cheeses and wine typical of the region).