Porto city tour – 1-day program in Porto
The best of Porto: Wine, Cellar, tastings, lunch, and cruise
Be prepared to discover the history and culture of Porto best monuments, its historical center, and the modern sites of this so beloved city.
Our tour will take you to one of the most important monuments in the country: the Cathedral of Porto. Located on the highest part of the city, its construction began in the 12th century. The Cathedral of Porto is considered a National Monument, for its religious, architectural, and historic value.
Then, we will move towards the Clérigos Tower, a remarkable architectural complex and considered the ex-libris of Porto. The Clerigos Tower was designed by Nicolau Nasoni and its one of the most exuberant monuments that you can find in this city. From the top, you can have privileged views over Porto.
Close to this impressive Tower, you will find the famous Lello Bookshop (entrance not included), one of the most beautiful and oldest Bookstores in the world, known for having inspired the writer J.K. Rolling to create the Harry Potter book series.
It’s now time to discover one of the most iconic railway stations in Europe, the São Bento Station, famous for the thousands of tiles, mainly representing historic Portuguese themes. This place may be one of the greatest highlights of the tour – this train stations seems like a true tile museum!
Have the opportunity to visit a Wine Cellar and learn all about the winemaking process that has lasted for centuries and that is the basis of this world-famous wine. A Port Wine tasting is included, the perfect opportunity to savor some of the best.
It is time to appreciate a traditional lunch in one of the most popular neighborhoods of the city, the Ribeira, with astonishing views of the Douro River.
After lunch, get a different perspective of this beautiful city aboard the traditional Six Bridges cruise on the calm waters of the Douro. A 50-minute cruise with a panoramic landscape that you let you explore all the bridges that connect Porto and Gaia. Impressive views!
History has no end on this tour. There are some modern areas that you have never discovered, but you are about to explore it in panoramic mode: Boavista and Foz do Douro. Enjoy a sightseeing in Boavista, passing by Music House (Casa da Música), a true icon of the new architecture and the main concert hall in town. Then, be surprised with the sexiest Art Deco building in Porto, while observing the beautiful Park of the Serralves Foundation.
Want to get to know the fanciest and most exclusive part of the city? This is the perfect opportunity to visit the Foz do Douro, with gorgeous villas overlooking the sea. Get close to the sea, and to the Cheese Castle (Castelo do Queijo).
Take some time to appreciate the views or walk along the seafront promenade.
- Take an all-inclusive tour of Porto: from the historic city center to the most modern areas.
- Enjoy a perfect opportunity to discover a renowned Cave and enjoy a delicious Port wine tasting.
- Enjoy lunch with Francesinha in the heart of Porto.
- Absolutely delicious! (For vegetarian option, please specify when booking in Notes).
- Board a traditional Rabelo boat to sail on the Douro River and contemplate the whole view of the city of Porto.
- In the afternoon, discover the modern part of the city, such as the Casa da Música, the Serralves Museum, the Foz do Douro River and the city’s beaches.
- Child seats are available for your children under 12 years or less than 135 cm in height.
- Wear comfortable clothes and comfortable shoes.
- The order of the itinerary may change due to traffic restrictions or any other operational reason.
- Professional guide
- Transport in comfortable minibus.
- Entrance and guided tour to a renowned Port Wine Cave, including a Port wine tasting.
- Traditional lunch with drinks
- Panoramic cruise on the Douro River
- Tips (optional).
- Food or drinks, unless specified.
- Entrance to the Lello bookstore
- Entrance to Porto Cathedral
- Pick-up and Drop-off at the hotel (only when the option is selected)
Information on the voucher:
- Be at the departure location 15 minutes before the departure time.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to occur.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the tour will be rescheduled.
This product is subject to cancellation or reprogramming based on inclement weather or unexpected urban events.