The Douro and the Historic Train – historic train trip and cruise on the Douro River
Historical Train – an adventure not to be missed. A half-day program, where you can enjoy a trip by historical train and a cruise on the Douro River. Go back in time with this magnificent experience!
12:15 Embarke in Régua Quay
– Cruise since Régua to Pinhão with lunch on board;
– Ascent to the Bagaúste dam
– Arrive at Pinhão
– Short walk to the CP station. (without guide)
– Free time
16:00 Attendance at the Pinhão station
16:10 Departure by train to Tua
– Arrival by train to Tua
– Free time in Tua
– Departure from Tua to Régua
18:30 Arrival at the CP of Régua
End of our service
– June to October (start date still to be defined)
– The realization of this program will depend on the availability / accomplishment of the cruise.
– Program is held on Saturdays
– The reservation must be made in advance.
"Traveling in the Douro Historic Train is a journey back in time. Along the Douro River, the charismatic Steam Locomotive 0186, built in 1925 by Henschel & Son and the 5 historic carriages, runs the distance from Régua to Tua, in a unique trip to the past, marked by the beauty of the landscape classified by UNESCO as World Heritage. "
– Cruzeiro Régua / Pinhão with lunch on board;
– Travel in historic train, Pinhão / Tua / Régua.
– Guide, transfer, services not mentioned, personal expenses.